West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVUIT), B.S., Civil Engineering, 1995
West Virginia University (WVU), M.S. Civil Engineering, 1997
Professional Engineer Licensure:
Millie French directly performs or oversees all business and financial matters of the company. In addition, she is directly involved in many engineering projects. Her primary responsibilities include:
Project Management - Millie manages various projects from the proposal stage to project completion. She is the principal contact for project teaming arrangements and proposal development. Initially, her role is to pursue projects, review scopes, prepare technical proposals, and develop man-hour estimates. As a result, she is an expert user of ECMS. As a project manager, Millie tracks project budgets and schedules, and maintains close contact with the project team and client throughout the duration of the project.
Quality Control and Assurance - Millie serves as the QAQC officer for French Engineering. She reviews all plans and reports before their submission to the client. (On projects where she is the designer, Jim French fulfills the role of reviewer.)
Project Engineer - Millie has performed the engineering duties for numerous projects, including traffic signal design, traffic control plans, signing and pavement marking plans, traffic impact studies, safety audits, and intersection analysis and design. She is an experienced user of many engineering software programs, including the Highway Capacity Software (HCS), Synchro, MicroStation, InRoads and HEC-RAS.
Plan Presentation and Drafting Standards - She is the firm's authority and primary contact on all matters related to the development or distribution of electronic CADD files.
- District 1-0: SR 0198-B04, Saegertown Borough, Crawford County - Project Manager for the development of a complex six (6) phase traffic control plan for the bridge rehabilitation and construction of the roundabout.
- District 2-0: SR 0064-A01, Porter Township - Project Engineer. Erosion and Sedimentation Pollution Control Plan for the structure carrying SR 0064 over Fishing Creek.
- District 9-0: SR 0022-032, Hollidaysburg Borough - Project Engineer. Traffic Control Plan and Temporary Traffic Signal Plan for the Blair Street Bridge.
- District 10-0: SR 0058-357, Mineral Run Bridge Replacement, Clarion County - Project Manager responsible for development of the traffic control plan, signing and pavement marking plan and erosion and sediment pollution plan.
- District 12-0: SR 0119-20K, Fayette County - Project Manager of the traffic engineering and safety study for the McClure Road and Kingview/Crossroads Road intersections with SR 0119. She performed a quantitative analysis, using the Highway Safety Manual and 16 years of crash data, to evaluate alternatives, including a new interchange, for the Kingview Road and McClure Road intersections.
- District 12-0: SR 0021-10D, Intersection Redesign, Greene County - Project Engineer responsible for the development of the complex, seven (7) phase and multiple detour traffic control plan. This project consisted of the realignment of SR 21 with full-depth reconstruction and a new signalized intersection within the project.
- District 12-0: Marcellus Shale Posted and Bonded Roads, Various Locations - Project Manager/Personnel Manager. Preliminary and final road inspections for heavy haulers.
- District 12-0: 2012 Highway Safety Improvement Project (HSIP) Safety Study and Shoulder Improvement Project, Fayette County - Project Manager/Engineer. Prepared plans and the bid package for 7.8 miles of shoulder replacement. Performed safety study at high crash location.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission: Roadway Safety Audits, Butler, Fayette, Lawrence, Washington, and Greene Counties - Safety Audit Team Member. Performs field views and contributes engineering judgment to identify potential safety improvements at high crash locations.